Friday 5 February 2016

Never Ending

Not enough can be said about the resilience and goodwill that meets you here in India. Over the years, each documentary made on the Indian Subcontinent, every traveller, both seasoned and first-timers will, without fail, comment on the spirit and sporting nature of Indian people. About how happy and grateful they are, positive and hopeful, and so, so generous, despite having very little in the way of material possessions. I am acutely aware that it's a huge cliché and not exactly groundbreaking news, but no matter how many times I visit, it never gets old. It's touching, refreshing, endearing and all the more so as the sentiment is never-ending. 

Sure, timekeeping here is close to non-existent here and sometimes the simplest of things can seem very long winded. It's dusty and the heat is exhausting. But people are relentlessly ingenious, innovative against the odds and determined to overcome difficulties, no matter what.








I'm off to a massive wedding tonight. I'm told it's a multi-cuisine buffet. I've also bought myself a new outfit so I'm super excited. More tomorrow. 

SL x

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...