Sunday 6 December 2015

December, Birthdays and New Beginnings...

December is far and away my favourite month of them all. The sparkly fairy lights, luxurious hampers, festive spiced beverages, glittery baubles and late night shopping; I'm all over the Christmas clichés that arrive in tow with December. I am one of those Christmas enthusiasts who (sadly) counts down the days until Christmas begins (it begins on December 1st in our house). I absolutely adore the little traditions associated with this time of year, and the unabashedness with which we all eat, drink and make merry.

Above all though, December for me has always been about new beginnings. No matter what I have been doing that year, whether it's been good or bad, I find the festive season lends me a new lease on life; a renewed enthusiasm to really enjoy myself, celebrate life with gusto and move on too.

Whether this has to do with me finding it impossible to motivate myself in January (I'm usually fat, broke and freezing cold) or the fact that it's my birthday at Christmas, I'm not sure. But I'm overflowing with optimism and everything seems possible - absolutely everything.

Which is why I decided, after months of dithering, that there was no time like the present to start blogging again. 

So here I am. Blogging. I've missed blogging. Thank you to those of you who've missed my blog too. Here's to a new year. 

Happy December. 

S xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...