Monday 12 December 2011

A Magical Monday


Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

It's days like this that I feel so utterly grateful for a birthday on Christmas day - I've had the week/weekend from heaven; dinners, drinks, shisha, flowers, presents, Monday morning off and lots of Christmas magic. And in my state of total overwhelmed-ness, I'm just glad I can give something back under the pretext of Christmas without feeling like a complete idiot. In all truth, I've been spoilt rotten for the 22 Christmases I've been alive (including the one I was born; I guarantee mum kissed me 'til I was blue in the face, she was THAT pleased to see a girl) - but I can feel this one's going to be special. 2011 has been a year of extremes to say the least; the first half showed me some of toughest times while the second half is bringing me some of my happiest. I've lost good people from my life, but equally, I've made some special friends too. They say that for everything you have missed, you have gained something else and for everything you gain, you lose something else. And I guess it's true, I know it's only because of what I've been through that I'm able to appreciate so fully what I have in my life today. So today's message, lovely readers, is that you should count your blessings, not your bank balance; remember what you have, not what you don't and never forget that you might have ten reasons to frown, but you'll always have one hundred to smile; maybe you just need reminding. Happy 12th December to you all.
xxx

P.S. The recipe is finally HERE. Easy-peasy, lemon-squeezy, I know! But it was too good to keep to myself. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...