Ingredients (for brownie batter)
4 oz unsalted butter
3 oz dark chocolate
1 cup caster sugar
2 large eggs
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
2/3 cup plain flour
(for cheesecake mix)
8 oz cream cheese, softened
1/3 cup caster sugar
1 large egg yolk
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup chocolate chips
To make them:
1. Preheat the oven to 175 degrees C and butter an 8 inch square baking tin.
2. Heat butter and chocolate in a saucepan over moderately low heat, whisking occasionally, just until melted.
3. Remove from heat and whisk in sugar, eggs, vanilla, and a pinch of salt until well combined.
4. Whisk in flour until just combined and spread in baking pan.
5. Whisk together cheesecake batter ingredients in a small bowl until smooth.
6. Dollop over brownie batter, then swirl in with a knife or spatula.
7. Sprinkle chocolate chips over cheesecake/brownie batter swirl.
8. Bake until edges are slightly puffed and center is just set, about 35 minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature with good-quality vanilla ice-cream.