Monday 6 February 2012

Snowed Out

Photobucket

And if you haven't had enough talking about the snow already…. well here I am to carry right on. I love snow days. Don't you love snow days? The whole snowed in-snowed out saga, either trapped at home or stranded a far, the feeling of displacement and distraction from routine…don't you just love it? Personally, I prefer being snowed out. Pretty easily done as well seeing as I live a hermit's life in a hilltop village. The first few flakes fall and all road transport grinds to a halt. Snow really does have a peculiar effect in a country where it's unfamiliar. Transport disruption and laughable footwear aside, it has a pleasingly calming influence on the pace of life.

Love snow, or hate snow, it's an undeniable bringer of peace; a blanket of serenity; a pause in otherwise rush. I definitely feel more rested than I have in a long time. How about you, any interesting/funny snow stories?


xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...