Tuesday 13 March 2012

To Eat, To Try, To See

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Have you ever had one of those near-perfect days, a day that you wish never had to end? When everything goes right, the weather's good and your worries sort of melt away? It's been a string of those, very much needed following a hellish week. The boyfriend's on holiday and we've been all but gallivanting up and down the country. And so the plan remains for the rest of the week, what with his birthday on Friday and this unreasonably good spell of weather (though I think I might have spoken to soon - it looks kind of grey outside). So here is this week's 'To Eat, To Try (slightly different, I know!), To See':


To Eat: If you read here regularly, you might have realised that both the boyfriend and I are total Italian food fiends. Whilst I'm quite adventurous with my food I confess, hands down, that a good cannelloni is the best money I can spend. Cheesy, creamy, bubbling… oooooh what's not to like? Coupled with the fact that we resolved to reduce our 'eating out' expenditure, when we do go out, you'll be hard pushed to find us eating anything other than Italian. And so we figured it's time to venture out… and try some different Italian joints (what else?!). With Zaza, Strada and Jamie's Italian at the top of our list, we've gotten as far as Zaza so far; dessert aside (yummy warm pecan pie served with vanilla ice-cream), I can't say I was mighty impressed. That pie however….


To Try: If you've ever wandered around any Indian 'hotspots' in London (Wembley, Kingsbury, Southall) you won't be a stranger to the concept of eggless cakes. Speaking as a completely non-discriminatory cake addict (I love cake in every shape and form), I have a VERY weak spot for the eggless cream cakes you find around these ares; the sponge is so light and airy (as compared to the dense richness of say, a chocolate fudge cake) the cream fluffy and the fruit fresh. This one was like heaven in a box.


To See: Camden lock. Sheesha lounge. Hot donuts. Huge market. Enough said. Unfortunately for us, we'd already stuffed our faces full at Pizza Hut so didn't savour anything from the wonderful food stalls. Ah well, any reason to go back.


I'm off for another day's hard gallivanting (and some study too, I hope), so until tomorrow, it's a wrap from me. Have a terrific Tuesday.


xxx

2 comments:

  1. is that pecan cake? looks yummy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks like you've eaten lots of delicious things, yummie!
    xx from germany

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...