Friday 6 July 2012

The Best Thing About Birthdays


photo2

The best thing about a birthday, without a shadow of a doubt, is the feeling of ‘exception’ that it lends to a normal day or situation. It’s suddenly okay to have a late night on a working weekday, to savour a slice of cake even though you’re dieting or to go out and spend a little more than you can really afford (“I’ll pay it off next month!”). Between the three of us, I had the late night, mum had the cake and dad spent the money. Successful birthday indeed. Plus, we went out for a gorgeous meal (details to follow) and, in case you didn’t catch it here, (I’ve only been harping on about it since Sunday) my other half went totally out the box and baked a birthday(/Sunday) cheesecake for mamma bear(/Sim).

photo1-2

I know this is the cheat’s way to share a recipe... but it’s Friday. It’s been a long week. I’m tired. Let me off? ;) TGIF everybody.

xxx

photo-3

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...