Friday 25 March 2011

Friday 25th March 2o11

Helloooooooooooooooo summer! A sweet, sunny seventeen degrees today and I think it’s finally safe to say that the “big freeze” is done and dusted for the year. SO nice to wake up in the morning without that all too familiar dread of dragging myself from my warm bed into the cold/wet/snow. Another really early start at work this morning (not half as bad as it would have been two months ago), only had to organise breakfast for about 100 “successful” business people, or the Watford Chamber of Commerce as they prefer to be called. All suited and booted this room full of (primarily middle-aged, English, upper-middle class and male) people were a rather fussy bunch, either it was too cold or too warm, the coffee was too strong and the tea too weak...they did keep me on my toes. I have to say the talk was rather interesting though, Watford MP Richard Harrington giving a lowdown on the Budget, what it means for business, why apprenticeships are an increasingly relevant and attractive option (in the face of extortionate tuition fees of course) and how the 50p tax rate works as a disincentive for enterprise. So more of a politics lesson really, than a shift at work.

It’s been a better day today. I’m normally in my element when I’m busy, when I am outdoors or spending time with those I want to spend time with. Had a good laugh with my colleagues, yummy cheesy chips for lunch and then a lovely long country walk with mum in the sunshine - a familiar little white pony waiting for us on the way. Applied for more internships and I finally feel I have a clear road ahead. It’s about time that I look forward and not back. Cooked some really delicious falafel burgers for dinner (dad LOVES chickpeas so he’s now singing my praises lol) and it's really not a bad end to what has been a topsy-turvy week. G’nite peoples. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxxxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...