Saturday 12 March 2011

Saturday 12th March 2o11

On my mind today...

...have you ever had one of those days where you feel like a human punch bag? Mm, I think today was my turn. It seems sometimes we forget that our words, actions and attitude impact on others – and those around us have feelings just the same as we do! Example – I was working my a*** off alone from 6am; laid out breakfast for 40 people, tidied up the bar (hovered, mopped, washed last night’s glasses before drying and polishing them, stacked the drinks fridges, cleaned out the coffee machine...), then cleared away breakfast and re-set the restaurant for lunch etc. When my colleague came in she said “It’s 12 o’clock, the restaurant is still dirty, neither have you collected the bar float.” Well, thank you for that.

...a trip down memory lane; remember these little babies LOL? Well, I happened to find this VCR at the back of my cupboard yesterday, and I have soooo many old tapes that I thought I’d never be able to watch again!

HUGE sigh of relief. Old is really gold, the noisy whir as I fast forward or rewind takes me right back to my childhood. Guess you know how my night is going to be spent.

...spicy South Indian food yummmmmmy :D Since spending a good few months in Bangalore during my gap year I guess I’ve developed something of a penchant for its cuisine that's just so fresh, light and healthy yet equally tasty and somehow substantial. Well, if I can’t go to Bangalore I can always bring Bangalore to me, so dinner was delicious idli and dal – think I got a little carried away though, I literally could not stop eating!

...normally I find it a bit of a time-waste fussing over my appearance too much; nail-painting, hair-straightening, eye-lash curling and all the rest but somehow today, well, today was an exception :D Et voila :D

Night night! xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...